Going beyond compliance whilst adding value and impact
What is compliance?
Compliance is the requirement and ability for an organisation to act within a defined set of rules/specifications, whilst demonstrating alignment and evidence that your policies, procedures and subsequent activity meet the defined requirements. The standards for compliance will vary depending on sector/industry.
- An international standard for quality management
- An international standard for environmental management
- An international standard used in the Automotive Manufacturing sector
- Federal Drugs Administration (FDA)
- An international standard used in the manufacture of food, drugs and medicines
- Care Quality Commission (CQC)
- A standard used in the care and health sector
- Financial Conduct Authority (FCA)
- A standard used in the Financial Service sector
There are many more standards covering wider sectors and specific activities.
What types of compliance may affect my organisation?
The range and areas of compliance will depend on the sector, industry and supply chain you operate.
Examples of compliance include:
- A legislative framework covering your activity in which you have to operate and demonstrate compliance
- A regulatory framework that you operate within and have to demonstrate compliance
- Sector/industry standards where you have to demonstrate compliance
- Imposed standards that customers expect and require compliance against
- Your own standards and methods that you will internally audit for compliance
What are the benefits of compliance?
Compliance ensures a standard or specification is achieved at a consistent level, and requires proof/evidence that this is the case.
Organisations are regularly audited to ensure that they are operating to the defined standard, and have evidence and records to demonstrate this. Compliance provides assurance to the customer that you are able to meet the sector/industry standard consistently by operating within defined standard(s) for your chosen sector.
Why are Think Eleven the perfect organisation to help with compliance?
Think Eleven have experience of supporting our clients across a diverse range of sectors to demonstrate and evidence compliance in a robust and efficient way. We use our experience and expertise to review and optimise your processes and approaches to help you integrate compliance, and to achieve and monitor it.
Why is SkillStation the perfect tool to assist with compliance?
Compliance against standards and wider communications is essential in many regulated sectors. SkillStation empowers you to conveniently manage compliance in addition to other crucial metrics such as technical skills, training, competencies and behaviours.
SkillStation provides a huge amount of intuitive functionality:
- Store your documentation/communications online, or link to documents in your own IT infrastructure, e.g. SharePoint
- Create workflows in your document management system to expire compliance records when document revisions change
- Send important communications to people who require compliance, including bespoke compliance statements that must be electronically accepted
- View the date communications/documents were read, and when compliance was attained
- Powerful and intuitive reporting on compliance/non-compliance, plus proactive reminders on reassessment/retraining dates
- Create compliance matrices in seconds to perform gap analysis across any combination of people/compliance requirements
- Automatic email notifications in advance of compliance renewal being required